Blogbanner1

October 12, 2006

Dermal Ridges, Flexion Creases and Casting Artifacts -- Part 2



This second post deals with the castings done after my foot was soaked for 1 hour, and dried with a hand towel to remove any excess water from my foot.


*Note the marked difference in the size and number of Flexion Creases.


*Measurements before track was cast: 9 inches in length, 3 inches in width.


*Measurements after cast was dry - 8 3/4 inches in Length and 2 1/2 inches wide.


The same Tricalcium Phosphate was used as the
substrate, and Plaster of Paris (mixed thin) was the casting agent used, water was room temperature - roughly 65 degrees.

After soaking my foot
, I noted dermal ridges on the toes and heel, but not as pronounced. The flexion creases are much more numerous and more pronounced. I am not suprised the cast was actually smaller - instead of larger, as water causes shrinkage and wrinkling of skin.

What I found the most interesting, however, was the side of the foot where I had noticed this "line" around the heel of the foot. If it's not seen well in this picture, there is a fold in the back of the heel that is much harder - and is not from rolling of the plaster of paris, as it is in line with the "line" (I will discuss this more in future posts).
























To be continued :)
Join in the discussion at Searchforbigfoot.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment