Blogbanner1

October 12, 2006

Dermal Ridges, Flexion Creases and Casting Artifacts, Part 3

The following pictures are of my foot.

No laughing at my foot :)

Pictures (hopefully) will be non weightbearing -- then weightbearing, in an attempt to prove my point.

It's my newbie opinion that the "folding" on the outside of the Onion Mountain Cast, could very well be this folding of the skin and tissues of the foot when pressure is applied. If you take one of your fingers and run it down the length of your foot on the outer edge, from heel to toe just below the ankle bone, you will feel a kind flat area, then a fatty area just below that. I think it's very possible that's the area being seen in casts.

I can only guess as to why my results, with a much lower grade casting agent, were so much different than Tube's.. (Matt Crowley)

I did this with Plaster of Paris, because that is what the Onion Mountain Cast was made with (or so I was told) and I want to be as accurate to the original as possible. So, in my opinion, dermal ridges and flexion creases are possible on this cast - regardless of the casting material used. As I have shown, Plaster of Paris will bring out these features.

Do I know for sure my conclusions are correct?

No, I have no way of knowing that right now.

Do I think Matt Crowley is wrong?

Didnt say that either. I am simply asking a question - how do we know he is right?

I have been impressed with the work of Matt Crowley. I simply want to take it a step further. Just because artifacts do happen - that doesn't make all possible dermal ridges or flexion creases in the Onion Mountain Cast "artifacts." How do we tell the difference? If we simply throw out everything based on his work, how do we know for sure? I say, ask questions - challenge yourself. Matt Crowley's work is important - it shows us what to look for, what may be and what may not be, but, that shouldn't stop the discussion. Researchers have been casting tracks for years - and discovering how to spot hoaxes, so should we throw out every single cast, simply because a hoax was found to have taken place? No, and that would be silly.

No one has all the answers, especially not me, that's why I will keep asking questions even if it means going into areas I have no knowledge of - such as chemicals etc. I am not a geologist or even a scientist, but I do have a working knowledge of what a dermal ridge or a flexion crease is.

I do these tests for my own knowledge. I enjoy learning. I hope we can all learn together. I encourage the readers of this blog to get involved and ask questions.


*Join the discussion at Searchforbigfoot.org*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment