Blogbanner1

March 1, 2007

Update: The Making of a DVD Part I

*UPDATE*

Due to a threat by the maker of the long awaited DVD featuring MK Davis, and emails that just wont end, I am removing the 'News Update" he freely posts on his website, to inform all about his current project with Mr. Davis.

Why this was requested is beyond me, but none the less he does not want the readers of this blog to know whats going on. I can only guess as to why, especially since he became very angry with myself and another blogger for what he described as "misquoting".


There is nothing I can do about that, but to give you my take on things and let you, the readers be the judge,, but is that not what he yelled about the most? Humm...


The remainder of this blog remains untouched.


Question, will M.K. Davis be prepared to answer questions about his "theory" once the DVD hits the market? Will he then be willing to discuss his full opinion?

I have to wonder though if any delay in filming or the release of this DVD may have something to do with Copyright issues... M.K. Davis has based his theory on images that were taken directly from the copy (owned by John Green) of the Patterson film with the image work done by Rick Noll, and I am sure those images are important as a way of making M.K.'s point clear. Problem though, those images are copyrighted by Mrs. Patterson and she may do with that film what she chooses. It would be my guess that if the DVD is not completed, it would be more of a copyright issue - than anything any "detractor" could say or do.

I am not really sure how a "detractor" could stop the production of a DVD.. If someone has information they feel should be shared with the world, nothing should stop that from happening.

The "detractors" of M.K.'s theory have nothing to do with whether this DVD will be made or released, that is an issue for the maker of the DVD to handle, and it would appear he is currently working on that. I say good luck to M.K Davis - I hope your DVD and the explanation finally will help sooth tensions.

I am sure myself and various contributors of this blog are what has been called"detractors". The simple fact is this, I can not endorse anything, not a theory, not a statement, nothing until I have all necessary information. To date, the information that would help me make an informed decision has been withheld, through no fault of my own or any other researchers in the field of Bigfoot Research.

It seems to me, with all the "detractors" this DVD would be in full swing. I know I would be pushing the envelope for production.

Hey guys, I don't have the ability to give you permission to use the Patterson Film, but if all that falls through, let me know, I draw some mean stick figures.. HEY, they may not be Patty - but they are better than nothing :)

Until then, we will all just have to wait patiently :)



*Join the discussion at Searchforbigfoot.org*


16 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey melissa & everyone this is a very informative interesting new update regarding this paticuler situation all we can do is wait for great opinions about this new article in your great blog. im just expressing a nice opinion here. thanks bill please keep me informed ok.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Your welcome Bill :) I will do my best to keep you updated, but that information is pretty much dependent on Mr. Johnsen. I will do my best though :)

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok melissa so long you stay with nueteral opinions about mk & john johnson here your great blog. we dont need a internet blog-forum bigfoot war dissussion we all need to nicely honest about this situation. without all the backbiteing etc. im just stateing a opinion.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seattle would be to place to fly into if Mr. Johnsen wanted talk to Mrs. Paterson. Mr. Noll and Mr. Green. They are all within a few hours drive of Seattle. Perhaps he is going to try and work it out with all three.
    Tsiatko

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    I agree Tsiatko. I am willing to bet a steak dinner - at least one of the names you list will not meet with Mr. Johnsen though...

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I won't take that bet Melissa but I would be happy to cook you that steak. Only catch is you have to come to my neck of the woods to get it. That would make for one expensive steak.

    Tsiatko

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Woohooo :)Will there be any squatchin festivities after??

    I am so there :)

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Before and after. I would even through on another steak for the big guy if I thought it would get him to show up. Tsiatko

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    I am always up for a squatchin adventure in the PNW :) I take my steak Medium, LOL.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you have treated Mr. Johnson unfairly. You seem to assume that he has selfish intent. Why don't you open a dialog with him and see? My visits to other sites I notice a prejudice towards him and Mr. Davis. Why is this? They have a right to do their own research, don't they? The way they have been treated seems very unfair. I am new to all of this but I hope you will see my point. Thank you.

    Jacob

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Hello Jacob.

    I can understand what you might be thinking, but this issue goes well beyond what is fair - for anyone. For years we have heard these types of stories about researchers - and today it continues to happen. This is about the protection of the work accomplished by researchers, it is a complicated issue, but one that is easy to understand, if you put it in the context of "How would you feel if it happened to you".

    What MK Did was wrong. Does that make him a bad person, no. Good people do bad things. It also does not mean he should not be forgiven, but in order for forgiveness to happen Mr. Davis needs to make the proper apologies (which he has not done).

    Have I been too hard on MK? I have thought about that a lot. I dont think so. I have offered Mr. Davis the opportunity to speak to all of this (on more than one occassion privately and publically), he has declined. I cant force him to speak to any of this.

    I was not the one who put this film into MK's hands, I did not encourage him to post this on the internet and I had no say in any of his decision making. I also must tell you I had real issues publishing any of this, as I was just as shocked as anyone by what I found out, and It really sent me for a loop as I never thought I would be faced with something like this, MK was someone I respected a great deal.

    I think MK can recover from this, but he needs to do the right thing, and he knows what that is.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is there to protect and how did Mr. Johnson risk anything any other researchers did? Did Mr. Davis do something wrong? Aren't researchers all after the same thing? It would seem that everyone might be after the truth. It isn't right to say these people are doing wrong things when they might not be. Have you ever met either Mr. Johnson or Mr. Davis? I have not but I am very interested in what they might have to say or are trying to prove. I think it is a bad policy to say that people are bad if you don't have any proof. Thanks.

    Jacob

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Jacob, I would suggest you read all the articles prior to this one. Look on the right sidebar, and there you will find a list of articles about this issue.

    My comments and opinions are based in fact, and have not been disputed by Mr. Davis, or anyone else involved with this issue.

    No one is happy by this turn of events, but you need to fully understand the past. Please read the articles I am referencing in this post - its tough to read, but necessary.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Here you go Jacob. Read these articles, I think you will better understand the full scope of the issue.

    http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/2006/12/interview-with-rick-noll.html

    http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/2006/11/extra-extra-read-all-about-it.html

    http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/2006/12/sad-week-i-wonder-if-they-are-taking.html

    http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/2006/12/time-has-come.html

    http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/2006/12/mk-interview-on-bigfoot-live.html

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Sorry about that Jacob, I hit the wrong button. I am still learning new things all the time about the internet :)

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey melissa good afternoon wow this situation about sasquatch just gets deeper etc everyday wow. thanks bill :)

     

Post a Comment