Blogbanner1

January 7, 2014

My Own Experience. 2010 Virginia

I have sat back and thought about this for a long time 2010 to be exact. 

Sometimes you have to just throw caution to the wind and say: here is my story. I ask witnesses to tell me their stories every day, so why I haven’t told mine in some detail I can’t explain. Maybe because I don’t believe it myself, but then I have to because it happened to me.

Am I calling this a "Bigfoot Sighting?" No - lets be clear right now. I don't know what to call this. 

For those of you who say, "I don't believe it!!" Welcome to my world. I don't believe it either, but I have to. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being in the position of a scoftic, skeptic or whatever you want to call it. In this situation, I am the witness whether I like it or not. Most days, not. 

When I saw this, I was actually angry. My first thought was, "crap, now I have to admit to all those people I laughed at that I too have seen eye shine now." But, I won't lie and say this didn't happen because it did. 

What do you say, when you have seen something you simply can’t explain?  I spoke about this at the 2013 Bigfoot Expo in Chautauqua Lake New York but I have never sat down and really put the entire experience into words or writing. Why? I still can’t believe all I experienced.

Sounds silly huh?

After witnessing, what I did, I returned home and spoke with a friend who I trust a great deal. This person’s advice to me was, “you can never talk about this publicly.” I can understand why this friend offered up this advice. Who wants to admit they seen something they have no answers for? To this day I still look at photographs and try to match it to some type of animal I know about. I still have not been able to do that. So, I keep looking. But part of me wonders; is there anyone else out there who has seen something like this?

I can’t answer this question until I ask.

So, I worked with Rebekah Sisk to put into full color what I experienced. Then, we ran into a problem. When she finished the full piece of artwork which showed the entire area, the eyes, were not clear. The very clear visual I have in my mind, still to this day, could not be accurately reflected in the full portrait of the area (she was working with pastels).

So, she did a second of the eyes alone.  First I will tell you the story. Following will be the artwork by Rebekah Sisk.

In 2010 I was a part of a multi-group expedition headed up by Billy Willard in Virginia. We were at this piece of private property for 8 days total. Some more, some less, but Wayne and I were at this location for the full 8 days along with Billy and a few others.

The week was fairly typical as far as Bigfoot research is concerned.

Friday Night (2 days before the end) Billy and I had agreed to be guests on Bob Coyne’s radio program. We did this interview from base camp, which started at approximately 9:00 eastern. It was our intent to finish the interview then send the teams out for night ops. Billy went first, and to be honest I don’t know how long he spoke with Bob, then I was asked to take the phone and answer some questions. I walked a little bit from base camp, down a slight hill toward two man-made ponds. There it was quieter than my original location next to base camp. I stood there for a few minutes and decided to head back up the hill. When I reached the top of the hill, I walked forward a bit, then turned to the right – and that’s when I seen it.

At this point, my interview with Bob Coyne went right out the window in my mind. I was focused on what I was looking at. What looked to me to be two eyes, were staring at me. But, they were unlike any eyes I had ever seen before. They had very bright centers, and the further out from the center you looked, the more red they became. There was no white, no black, just the orange and red color. I watched these eyes for, I can’t even tell you all how long, when they began to move.  Now, mind you through all this I was aware I was doing an interview, I had no intention of saying anything, but I also couldn't remember the questions I was being asked. I felt like I was talking in circles.

I tried to keep looking at the eyes, while trying to get the attention of anyone at base camp. I had no camera, nothing on me at the time. To be quite honest, I am not sure I would have remembered I had a camera even if I had been holding one.

But, as I said, the eyes began to move. When they moved, they moved in unison. So, clearly they were attached to a fixed object. In other words, when the object moved, that they were attached to, the eyes moved also. The eyes were moving down, toward a light lure that had been placed in a bush earlier that night. I have no doubt, whatever this was, was interested in the light lure itself. Then, something passed in front of the lure but I could still see the eyes.

The eyes then went back up to their original height. It was then I knew it was looking directly at me. You just know when you’re being looked at. I was so certain of this my knees locked. This was the first time I felt a bit of fear. I had no idea what was going to happen next. Whatever this was, stared at me, and I stared at it.

Then, as if I and the rest of the group didn't exist, it simply turned to its right and was gone. I know this because of the way the eyes disappeared. The right eye and left eye turned together, the right was gone, quickly followed by the left.

It was just gone.

Not long after that my portion of the interview was over. I quickly handed the phone back to Mike, and ran looking for Billy and Wayne. We all quickly ran to the location where all this took place and looked for any sign that something had stood there. The area was so over grown, no tracks were even possible. When I was asked how tall I thought it was, I said, “Roughly 7 feet.” It was later I found out both property owners who seen a Bigfoot on their property told Billy, the animal they seen was about 7 ½ feet tall. Coincidence? Maybe.

Now, am I saying this was a Bigfoot? No. I am not. I don’t know what this was. I do know there was no bush or tree that could have supported an owl or any other animal. There was no bush or tree in the area tall enough to clear the bush that held the light lure. So, whatever it was somehow managed to keep itself 7 feet in the air, then bend down, mess with the light lure, and return to the exact same spot.

Possible? I guess. But what could do that?

This is why when I go onto a property for research, being worked by another researcher, I don't ask for the whole story. I know the property owners say they seen a Bigfoot but I do not want details. Why? Because if I see something, I might be able to independently confirm their story. 

I did not see, with any certainty, the rest of the body. I saw part of it pass from left to right in front of the light lure. But, what that was, I can’t be certain so that is a part of the story I simply leave out. 

Why? Because I know many are saying right now, “Oh my god, she seen a Bigfoot!!” That is not what I am saying.

I would like to hear possibilities though.

How big were these eyes? I can only guess, but I was only about a 100 yards from whatever this was. If I had run up to it, with a silver dollar, I would imagine the silver dollar would have just about covered one eye. They were very large. I was actually surprised by how large they were.

Am I saying this is some kind of “bio-luminescence?” No. I have the feeling the light lure aided in what I was able to see. But, the lure was not giving off enough light to show the entire body. I will add this. The very center of the eye is something I will never forget. It was so bright. Even if I live to be 100 I will never forget that. 

What is this? What can cause an animal to have eyes that look like this? Before moving to Texas and working in a law firm, I was raised on farms. I was raised a country girl. I have seen many animals in my life during the day and at night. Nothing I know about fits this description.


Have you seen anything like this? If so, I would love to hear from you. You can either comment in the section provided for comments or send me an email at the email address listed on the right sidebar at the top. You will remain anonymous. 

Here are both pieces of Artwork. Take a look for yourself. The bottom is simply trying to better show the color variation I seen. So, no, it did not have 4 eyes. ;) 




Copyright Rebekah Sisk  



Copyright Rebekah Sisk  


Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Monica VorderLandwehr said…

    I believe you! I am glad that you finally wrote it out. I refer non-believer's to your video's all the time. One day I will get to Ohio and hopefully be able to meet you in person. Here in Oregon, we have many who clam to have seen a Bigfoot. My younger brother has some evidence he found up in the Detroit Lake area. I went up there for two nights and I swear I heard the howling of two or three of them in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, I left my phone back at camp, so I couldn't record it. I have been studying up on how to collect evidence from your video's, and hope to go with my brother out on our own hunt for evidence. I'll keep you updated. I am waiting for my brother to take the giant leap and write his experiences out, like you have. I thank you from the both of us. It will be interesting to see other's comments on your article. Keep up the good work, and it is appreciated.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Thank you Monica. First of all, I am very happy to hear the videos Wayne and I have put out, have helped you. If you have questions feel free to ask. If I don't have the answer, I will do what I can to get it.

    Thank you for your kind words. I guess I am still trying to make sense of what I seen - still. Sometimes it helps to write it all out and see it on paper - or a computer screen. We deal with so much that maybe new or different - it helps to get the input of others. :)

    Again, thank you !!!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe you...but how can I not considering I saw the actual body attached to those eyes (or one of its family members) :) Great post Melissa! We aren't all crazy, we aren't all on hallucinogenic drugs, and we aren't imagining things.

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You did very well, Melissa....

    -Allan, a.k.a. Kite-Squatch

     
  • At 2:45 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Thank you, both.

    And, Kite, I'm glad you survived that night. LOL.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger imonacan said…

    I saw something similar (dull red eye glow / shine in both 2009 and 2012 (NY and Vermont) . I did not get as detailed of a look, as you did. I don't believe it was from an owl, or anything else know to the NE forest. I am inconclusive (as you are) to the source, but have my thoughts on a yet unknown possibility. Thanks for blogging about your account. For the sake of comparison.. my own blog on the two incidents, can be read here:
    http://imonacan.blogspot.com/2010/05/unknown-smell-shape-and-sounds-in.html
    and here:
    http://imonacan.blogspot.com/2012/07/vermont-voodoo-and-or-other-unexplained.html

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Imonacan, was it the same eye color with the bright yellowish orange in the center?

    Thank you for posting the links. I will go read them now. :)

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger imonacan said…

    In both cases, the subject of interest was on the move.. and all I could note, was the dull red color. In the Vermont case, there was no artificial light source what so ever, to reflect. Only starlight, as conditions were very dark (new moon). It has left myself and the other witness.. wondering. One thing to note, is that we both observed the same thing.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Thank you, Imonacan. There was quite a bit of ambient light in my situation - lights from base camp, fire and the light lure.. So, I am at a loss. But, your situation does sound similar to mine.

    Sure wish we had an answer to this one.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The weirdest eyes I ever saw were those of a Malamute. Half Husky sled dog and half wolf. Usually they are Blue with red eyeshine at night, and my blue eyed rag doll flffy cat has them too. I met this wolf dog with it's owner at the local drugstore. It had the most incredible thick grey fur and amazing eyes. Not the usual blue but circles of gey black and white. White on the outside ring then thin circles (2) of gey and black. Black being the center. Such beautiful fur I was tempted to stroke it but the eyes stopped me. Not ferocious, just so intent I could not dare to touch it. I imagine a Sasquatch's eyes would have that effect. I hope I never meet one, but I Know they exist.
    Not Believe, I, Know it. Deut2:20, Joshua first half of his story proof enough for me..

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting...

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Melissa: "...survived that night"? I sure did! When things got tough, I "rose to the occasion". {Either that, or I SANK to it...}

    ;~)°

    -Allan, a.k.a. Kite-Squatch

     

Post a Comment