Blogbanner1

October 12, 2006

Dermal Ridges, Flexion Creases and Casting Artifacts, Part 4

*Picture of my foot, after stepping in clay and casted with Plaster of Paris*




Mr. Crowley is of the impression I dont understand what he's talking about - so forever more I will refer to his "artifacts" as "Crowley Lines". See, I know what Im talking about :)


My tests deal directly with IF dermal ridges and flexion creases are obtainable using Plaster of Paris, as the original tests delt directly with the Onion Mountain Cast.

I have no doubt "Crowley Lines" are possible - but I do not believe my results are artifacts - as the clay mold of my foot does show the dermal ridge pattern flow of my foot - and flexion creases. I will attempt better pictures of this cast made from the clay impression of my foot.

I have shown it is possible to obtain dermals and flexion creases using Plaster of Paris -- and this was the cementing agent used in the Onion Mountain Cast.

I have to admit quickly.. When I first saw this Tricalcium Phosphate - I didnt think I would even be able to get a print to hold up in it. It's very lightweight and powdery, and if I didnt warn you before *WARNING* use appropriate safety equipment... I am still coughing this stuff up after 5 days. If you ever attempt to use this particular item as a substrate - please be careful !!

Ok, next cast test: I put my foot once again into the dry Tricalcium Phosphate. I then covered the pan in which the track was in, and heated my water to 70 degrees.

I then added Plaster of Paris to the water, and applied the casting cement to the track. This test is meant to discover if it is simply the water temperature that can bring out more dermal ridges and flexion creases and create the expansion, or if it is a combination of warm water and moist soil.

Results. No remarkable change in expansion from the previous casts. While there was no change in expansion, there were changes noted. Using this method allowed for results very similar to soaking my foot for an hour. I also noticed one set of "creases" in my big toe, that are there, this is not a casting artifact - this crease is visible to the naked eye.


Is the water being heated to 70 degrees the reason for this crease being visible? That was the only difference between this cast and others. But, I dont know for sure.

So, do I know anymore than I did -- not really.. This I have the feeling will be a very long process, but - I think in the end it will be well worth it. Has any of my work disproven the work done by Matt Crowley - no not yet, but -- he hasnt answered my original question to date yet either.. Im not done with my work, as I have been challenged - and I never turn down a challenge !

Am I doing this for "Fame or Glory"? Do I need a "feather in my bigfoot cap"? Nope, in all honesty, I couldn't care less about that. I am interested in learning - I love to work on a good mystery and evaluate the possibilities and work on the outcome. I am by nature a "problem solver". I enjoy these kinds of challenges, however, not everyone does. I get satisfaction from the work and the outcome whether positive or negative. Life is full of mysteries -- and it's fun sometimes to consider the possibilities. :)


To be continued....

*Join the discussion at Searchforbigfoot.org*




0 Comments:

Post a Comment