December 4, 2008

20 Inch Track Found In B.C. By Missionaries?


Published: December 04, 2008 10:00 AM
Updated: December 04, 2008 10:23 AM

Two missionaries with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints got quite a scare on the night of Dec. 2 when they saw what they think was a set of sasquatch footprints right outside of their Burns Lake home.

Tyler Beck and Brad Blazzard are in B.C. for two years, rotating in different communities throughout the Smithers and Burns Lake area for the past seven months.

"The first thing we thought was that someone was playing a trick on us," Beck said."But we don't no anyone our age who would do that and our house in on the south side, so pretty much in the middle of nowhere."

The footprint, which Beck said was about 20 inches long is right in front of Beck's porch, leading to the path where the pair keep their wood shed.

Beck said prior to finding the footprint at 9:30 p.m. on the night of Dec. 2, he didn't really believe in the possibility of bigfoot.

"I still don't know what to think," he said. "I have heard some pretty ridiculous things about bigfoot but now I am leaning toward the edge of thinking it may be possible."

The house sits in front of a lake and Beck said in the four and a half months he has been there, he has seen all manner of coyotes and wolves. This is the first time he has seen any sign of the fabled creature.

In addition to a rash of sightings in the Bulkley Valley in the summer and fall, Larry Sommerfield, a self-proclaimed sasquatch hunter from Terrace had a cast that he claimed was a sasquatch print.

Sommerfield was reluctant to tell The Terrace Standard how he came into possession of the 16-inch long cast, except to say that it was made in mid-August from a footprint found in a gravel pit just east of the Kitselas First Nation's subdivision easy of Terrace on Highway 16.

Brian Vike, Director of HBCC UFO research is still trying to verify three sasquatch sightings in Moricetown.

“Since I got the initial call, I’ve had no other information,” Vike told the Houston Today. “ As near as I can tell, the sightings all happened after the end of September but I have called and called but no one is calling me back.”

The lady who called on the morning of Halloween, told Vike that there had been a rash of sightings on the native reserve. Unfortunately without talking to someone who could give a first-person account, Vike said the information is hearsay at best.

Vike got the details from the first account from the woman’s mother.

“Allegedly, she was walking out to the mailbox and this thing walked in front of her,” Vike said. “But I called and called and got nowhere so I am thinking this is a little fishy.”

Another women apparently told friends that she had seen a sasquatch peeking in someone’s window.

The last report allegedly involved a school bus driver who saw the creature standing in a field.

A sighting in Houston in late July by Delores Harrie garnered the attention of national media outlets.

Harrie saw the creature out at her home on Buck Flats Road on July 28.

At 5:45 a.m. that morning, Harrie heard her dogs barking at the door. When she went down to investigate she saw that someone or something was rattling the door handle.

She eventually opened the door and the dogs were out like a shot, sniffing out something on he east side of her property.

When she looked out at the side of her house, she saw a creature that was walking on two legs.

“It was huge and it had long hair, not fur — kind of like the kind you see on an ox and a reddish brown, the colour of the trees that are killed by the pine beetle,” said the woman. “And it moved so fast, by the time I opened my door it had run from the porch to the other side of the house.”

Once outside, the dogs pursued the creature it continued along a dried-up ravine and disappeared into a forested area. Her oldest dog didn’t return for three hours.

“I was worried but what do you do, tell people your dog is chasing bigfoot?” she asked. “I drove up and down the road, looking for him and eventually he came back.”

After Harrie’s report, there was a report on Telkwa High Road and some sightings in Campbell River.

"I have been here for almost five months trying to do good work and I end up with bigfoot prints in front of my house," Beck said.


  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger In Search Of said…

    Great story,thanks for the info. I look forward to the show and am glad to see that you guys are back. Peace.


Post a Comment