Blogbanner1

February 11, 2012

Evil Researchers.. Are You On The List? ;)

Whew, it’s been a busy week.

For those of you who do not know, we are in the lengthy process of trying to buy a home. A week ago, this past Friday, we discussed it and decided to start looking.

Bankers and Real Estate Agents;

It’s confusing – then you add in finding the “home of your dreams”… It’s kind of fun, but it’s also very tedious.

Tuesday, I woke up, hit all my regular spots on the internet (while having my morning cup of coffee), then headed back out on the World Wide Web to start looking for more home listings. I finish my web surfing, after finding about 10great properties. All summarily dismissed by my guy, once he came home from work.

So anyway;

Later on Tuesday evening I logged back onto the “world wild web,” that’s what I call it, hey it’s true, to discover that once again more drama has been started with this community. Someone asked this week, “What would bigfoot research be without all the controversy?” I said, “Oh, I know - a great activity for the whole family!!! It’s true.

So, anyway, I discovered that I had been thrown into a situation, I knew nothing about.. Because, I ask questions...?

This is how we as humans learn things we do not know or understand.

Well, I jumped on one particular Facebook page to discover – I have been added to a list of “20 evil Bigfoot researchers”. Not just mean, but yes – evil. I was added to without my permission then summarily booted off for reasons that were complete and total lies.

First of all the owner of the Facebook page Shelley Sherlock Holmes (who has since changed her name, yeah I know what it is) said this list of “20 evil researchers,” had been copying and pasting comments from her page and taking them elsewhere for ridicule.

I have never done such a thing, and she still has yet to prove that. I have been through every post on the Facebook page that Shelley claims is filled with troublemakers, and have found NOTHING posted from her pages. I did post her comments after being removed. I received a screen capture from her page, “Living in the shadows”, where she discusses why the “20 evil researchers were removed.”

First of all, let me say, I have never read so many lies in one place, in my life, in order to cover one’s own butt. I respect most in this field of research, but I do not respect someone who lies, then makes up excuses, for their bad behavior. Not one person Shelley removed committed the offenses she “claims.” I guess simply saying, “They didn’t believe us, so I removed them,” was even too silly for her – what else was she to do? One person on her page was threatening to leave the page because Shelley had added too many people that (as he said) were mean, just days prior to this incident. I can only assume this gentleman was talking about Flesh and Blood researchers. Shelley had to come up with something to make her heavy handed tactics look good.

Truth is, she lied. She lied and then made up excuses. If her reasoning for why she was booting people was so good, why didn’t she just tell the truth? Because she knew she was being a hypocrite.

If we are going to be very honest;

Here is the truth, Shelley Sherlock Holmes brought on the large majority (if not all) of the “20 evil researchers,” to her Facebook page without asking if we wanted to be involved. I guess numbers matter to her. She then said, “all opinions are welcome,” then when opinions did not all go in favor of every bit of information posted – “BAM Hit the bricks folks – you’re evil and you don’t belong here.”

Honestly, I couldn’t care less that she removed me. Heck, I never asked to be on her page, “Living in the Shadows.” I have never posted on the page (that is about a week or two old) I read, don’t post and move on. Near as I can recall, I have never even posted to her personal Facebook page.

From what I have gathered;

Shelley became very upset with a conversation about how Humans are primates, and if Bigfoot is a human then it would still be a primate.

That’s it folks. No more, no less. No, I am serious. That really is what started all this.

I hate to add this, because I know it will break Shelley’s heart, but Humans are Primates. EVEN IF bigfoot is proven to be a HUMAN, -- It will STILL be a PRIMATE. Be upset all you want, kick, scream and cry, but that is the truth. Denying it won’t change it. Lying about people who say this – won’t make it untrue. Grow up!

That’s exactly what caused all this.

If Shelley did not want that kind of conversation, she should have stated that clearly, or did a little research before she added people to her page without their permission.

What I and others do mind is being lied about, and Shelley, you told some whoppers.

If we know someone told a lie in order to make someone else look bad, should we believe anything else they say? If they told one lie in an attempt to ruin the credibility of one person, wouldn’t that person lie to build up the reputation of another? I would have to answer that with a resounding, YES!

My dad is “old school”

He taught me a long time ago, “You are only as good as your word.” I take that to heart. It’s true, especially when dealing with something as difficult to prove as Bigfoot.

All I know is this;

When we start lying about others simply because they don’t agree with what we say, and it’s accepted – that is a sad thing.

Should this type of behavior be condoned or accepted by this community in general. Shelley Sherlock Holmes lied about some very good and honest people. Not one of the accusations she made has been found to be true. Yet, she has refused to apologize.

I and others may not agree with Shelley Sherlock Holmes, BUT (and here is the most important point) I and others would NEVER lie about what she thinks or what she has said.

We ALL have different opinions.

It’s not the end of the world. What Shelley sees as “putting down or making fun of,” others see as constructive criticism. People disagree with me all the time, and I don't boot them off my Facebook page. I listen, because maybe there is something in that disagreement I can learn. You might try that Shelley.

I will never look at a photograph of a tree line with red circles in it and say, “Oh yeah, I see the 5 Bigfoot that are circled, especially if I don’t. That would be a lie. Apparently some are on the “list of 20 evil researchers” because they don’t see the Bigfoot in the red circle, and have simply said that, and nothing more.

But, as far as Shelley is concerned that makes me and others, “evil”.

Saying “I don’t see it,” doesn’t make me “evil” or anyone else. Not posting on your Facebook page does not make me or anyone else “evil.” Asking questions does not make me or anyone else “evil”. Lying and making false accusations, well – look in your “good book” and see what it says about bearing false witness.

No, I don’t agree with anything she has typed.

That does not mean I think she is a bad person. I would never, do to her, what she did to 19 other people.

It’s a sad day when lies are told to hurt people simply because they do not share the same opinion. What really yanks my chain is her complete and total lack of remorse for the lies she told about others. I am used to it. I have a blog, where I write articles about my opinions and thoughts. Many disagree with me. I am okay with it.

I draw the line at liars and hoaxers. Neither is better than the other, in my humble opinion.

It’s always a good rule of thumb to form your own opinions, not take on the opinions of others. It makes you look stupid. You took bad advice Shelley. Neither, Shelley Sherlock Holmes or Jim P., know my total opinion about anything. Why? Neither have ever talked to me personally or even attempted. It would shock these people to know, I am friends with some “paranormal researchers,” and they totally understand why I ask questions and why I don’t understand the things being said. They even tell me my questions are good. They try to explain it, but they understand that I still don’t get it. They don’t call me “evil” or lie about me and what I am about.

The difference between those, “paranormal researchers” and Shelley Sherlock Holmes, those I am friends with respect the fact that we don’t agree. Yeah. I respect them, and they respect me. They do not discriminate against me simply because I do not understand.

I figured I was showing Shelley respect by NOT posting on her Facebook group.

So, who is ignorant now?

Make all the excuses you want, Shelley;

The simple truth is you did lie. Go ahead and tell everyone on your pages that you didn’t. If you didn’t why don’t you prove it? Post the comments that were taken from your page as you have been asked to do. If you can’t or won’t do that – then you, Shelley, are a liar. It is that simple.

You know as well as I do, Shelley Sherlock Holmes, you do not have the proof.

I will never find it acceptable for anyone to lie about anything, just so they can look good. Prove it Shelley, or the only thing you have done is show this community you are nothing more than a liar that can’t be trusted.

I will always call out a liar or a hoaxer. Disagreeing on ideas and methods is one thing. Flat out lying is a whole other monster.

Don't we have enough issues within this community? Must we add intentional lying to the mix?

Really??

14 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Bigfoot Hunter said…

    I missed the part that there was actually a written list? Who all was on it?

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, she won't make the "list" public but she will be more than happy to talk smack behind peoples back. She says she is emailing the list to other forum owners.. LOL.

    Melissa

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Nadia Moore said…

    Thanks for calling Bull when and where you see it Melissa!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Steven Streufert said…

    Ha ha. I am evil. I love it. To be evil all I had to do was say the word, primate. This was in a conversation that was filled with rage, insult, irrational ideas, and pure arrogant ignorant FROM HER ALLIES. This was their reaction to someone in our group who politely raised an issue for discussion. They attacked him, and I joined in as a rational peacemaker trying to clarify a simple issue oif zoology. That meant that I and he were banned. It was only AFTER her outrageous actions banning us that I posted a few examples of this on our group page.

    COALITION FOR REASON, SCIENCE, SATIRE AND SANITY IN BIGFOOT RESEARCH.

    Oh well. No loss to us.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Nadia Moore said…

    No loss indeed!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just for the record to call shelly a paranormal researcher is untrue. show me one post where she has anything of the paranormal side of research posted. so when the mudslinging starts just make sure you sling the right stuff.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am I on the list? I should be, after all I did call a hoaxer a hoaxer and I do tend to question everything they present as evidence.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just for the record, Shelley started this mudslinging fest last week - where were you then? I am simply setting the record straight.

    Melissa

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Then you probably are. LOL.

    Melissa

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Ed Smith said…

    Mr Black's worst dressed and most Evil Bigfoot Researchers Contest 2012!

    Presents: The Evil Monkey Chaser's Awards.

    Oh I hope I get asked to attend, my platform is "World Peace and Bacon Grease for all"

    I have to stop now I might get disqualified.....

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i never accused you of starting anything melissa darlin. but since you find the truth to be severely lacking in shells statements and you belong to a facebook group i'll just call "the coalition" that prides itself as basically being the police force of bigfoot research you would hold yourself to a higher standard than the people you police, all i'm saying is you called shelly shurlock(and thats how it was spelled) holmes a paranormal researcher and i for the life of me cant find a single clue to her being one.

     
  • At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, first of all, calling someone "darling" under an anonymous name is just -creepy.

    Second. That's what your worried about? Whether I called Shelley a "paranormal researcher"?? Seriously? Man, are your priorities all screwed up.

    Also, I don't "police" anyone. I do not own the "Coalition for Reason, Science, Satire and Sanity in Bigfoot" nor am I an admin. When she lied about me, she made this my business. It's not my job to police the Coalition page. I do call out liars and BS artists on my blog all the time. Shelley, lied, then lied some more to try and get out of the first set of lies, but created new lies in the process. Do you see how this can start to make you look like an untrustworthy person?

    Instead of apologizing for her childish behavior - she is seeking sympathy. Good for her.

    I'm not sure I'm wrong. I haven't been wrong about her so far. All of this has gone down exactly the way I expected. Drama queens are not hard to figure out. :)

    Thanks for your comment though !!

    Melissa Hovey <-- see not anonymous :)

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ever hear of IP addresses????
    BUAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, and thank you now I have yours :)

    That was pretty stupid.

    Melissa Hovey

     

Post a Comment