Blogbanner1

September 30, 2008

Happy News

I have always been amazed at those in the general public who think people who research mysterious animals, do not have "regular" lives. Many think we are crazy, or unable function in normal society. When I tell people (who are not involved in the field of bigfoot research) I am a Paralegal and, a Bigfoot Researcher, they are simply amazed.

I often wonder,

If it's because the people involved in this are usually afraid to discuss anything about themselves?

In all honesty, researchers in this "community" are harder on each other, than the general public, or scientists ever thought of being. While I do not enjoy the idea of discussing my life, I think many outside of this research have found me easier to talk to, simply because I have.

Is "Community" a good word?

To describe the collective group of those who have thrown their hats into the ring trying to solve the mystery of bigfoot??

I am not really sure to be honest. This collective group spends more time beating up on each other, and just being rude in general - than we act like a community.

Take my situation for example.

At the beginning of this year, my personal life was put under the "microscope" by a select group of individuals. I had many telling me I needed to respond, and respond publically. I had others, telling me to not respond and let it go away..

I did both. I responded publically, and then I simply took a break from it all.

The discussion of my personal life continued but, I simply started spending my time elsewhere. Elsewhere being any place other than the various message boards, other than my own. I was not being bashed by the "general public", I was being attacked, and attacked viciously by a few within this community. Why? Who knows the real reason for it all.. At this point, I simply do not care either.

I must be honest and tell you all, I do owe that "select group" a big Thank you!!

Why you ask? Well, because while they were doing their level best to hurt me personally and professionally, I met someone who has changed my life, for the better.

That's right. While this group thought they had chased me away, I had simply been busy, having a life seperate from this research.

Sometimes we are suprised by those who enter our lives.

I became friends with a fellow researcher on a site I frequented often. We became friends, slowly. Yeah I was a bit reluctant to take on any "new friends". But, this person understood what I was going through, and was happy to simply be my friend. We talked for hours about everything bigfoot, and just life in general. He very quickly became someone I knew I could always confide in.. I even began looking forward to our conversations. It felt good to laugh, and even better knowing I could make someone else laugh.

These last few months have been very exciting for me, and exhausting all at the sametime. What's even better, the happiness I have felt because of this person, has far outweighed any hurt feelings I may have had otherwise.

Why am I telling you all this?

Because I have happy news. This woman (who has been focused like a snipers scope on the field of bigfoot research) is getting married!!!

This friend and fellow researcher named Wayne has asked me to be his wife, in August of this year, and I happily accepted. With Wayne I have the best of both worlds. I am madly in love with this man, he is my best friend and he is also as interested in the mystery of bigfoot.. So, I have it all!! I will be moving to the State of Ohio the day after the Texas Conference in October, and we will be husband and wife Sept 5th of 2010. My support of the TBRC will remain, although I will no longer be an active member of the group. I will however hold an Associate Membership. The TBRC has been like a second family to me, and I will always be an staunch supporter of the credible work being done by this group of dedicated individuals.

So, while my life has had its share of ups and downs this year,

I am just as happy to share the good news in my life. Maybe if there was more good news in this "community" and, people willing to talk about it, there would actually be something more correctly described as a "community".

Is this article important to the field of Bigfoot Research?

No. Not in the slightest.

I even have my reservations about telling people this news. I'm sure the group from earlier this year will say I am "self-promoting", or they will use this as yet one more way to try and hurt me publically. They still enjoy holding their grudge and using their positions of authority to try and hurt me on a personal level.

I'm discussing this,

Because my news goes a long way to proving, researchers of this mystery animal have normal lives, just like everyone else. Maybe if we were not so afraid of the people outside of this community, and less anxious to find what we don't like about each other,

Maybe we would come across as less "mysterious" to the general public, and appear less crazy.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Steve Summar said…

    Congratulations...Melissa...I wish you and Wayne the very best.

    live and let live...

    Steve Summar, Sheba and Rocky...

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger RocKiteman {aka, Kite-Squatch} said…

    CONGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS!!!

    For a wedding present, I'll make you matching His and Hers stunt kites....

    ;~)°

    -Allan, aka RocKiteman, aka Kite-Squatch

     
  • At 3:23 AM, Blogger Pappy said…

    Congrats! Best wishes to you both!

    - Joe (aka Pappy)

     

Post a Comment