Blogbanner1

March 8, 2008

Is There A Bigfoot Mafia ??

"You can't handle the truth, so you must silence all opposition. You're done. It's carved in stone. Protract your embarrassment as long as you like." anonymous.

(oops you misspelled embarrassment, I fixed it for you)


And if I'm not "done" and I continue on in this, you will do what? Break my knee caps? Will I be sleeping with the fishes? Is there some Bigfoot Mafia no one told me about?

Silencing the opposition? Wow, you make me sound really powerful.

I thought I would give you all a taste of the now 2 hate blog responses (3 total between blog responses and emails) I have received. Whomever this was, didn't even have the guts to sign their name. I don't think this person understands, I do not need nor am I asking for anyones approval to continue in this research. I think this person also forgot, I don't have to be a member of some "Bigfoot Union" in order to get into the woods and keep on researching and discussing the issues.


"It's carved in stone"? Where is that stone buddy?


The only embarrassment I feel, is for you. In the short amount of time I have spent in this research I have never thought of myself as so important that I could tell anyone they were "done" in this. How self important are you? Shouldn't you be out looking for a big hairy monkey, instead of pestering me. Yes I put you in the column of a pest.


People like this are angry, bitter people. How does this person manage to get out of bed every morning with so much hate eating away inside?


I suppose this person thinks If I hear I am "done" enough, then I will just have a good cry, and go away? This person does not know me. I wont be going away, and I wont be bullied by anyone. I would have posted this response to the blog itself when it came in, but the person was so quick on the draw (whomever it is) posted the comment to the short article on the alleged bigfoot footage posted below.


Hey Pal, you could at least stay on topic - and give yourself some righteous credibility.


Honestly, I at least have the guts to sign my name to something I put out for the world to see. Maybe this person does not want anyone else to know how childish, petty and self important they really are?

Yeah, that would be my guess.


I feel sorry for people like this. And, for some reason, there are many in this field of research who think they are carrying some "torch of dignity" by acting in this manner. It's not professional and shows a serious character flaw. These are people I refuse to associate with. Why you ask? Because I will not allow my mind to become filled with hate for people I do not know.


My advice to the above person who sent in this response. If you do not like me, stop reading my blog. It's really that simple, just stop. You not reading my blog will make no difference to me at all.

Why would you want to?

In your mind I contribute nothing. So, stop reading my blog. Make room for those who apparently want to. What you are not getting is, those who want me to stay in this research, out number you by far. Yes, that's right. My support is still there, and is in fact growing. Those are the people I want to know and associate with. Those are the people who understand what the research is all about. You forgot that somewhere along the line.


I knew change wouldn't be easy for some.


This research is about trying to document the existance of an upright bipedal ape. Or, did you forget that during your mudslinging campaign? Not how many people we can throw mud at, threaten or pretend we are better than.


If you think the issues I raised in the articles that got you all "fired up", are not serious issues people want addressed, you should really think again, and your response to my blog proves that this is an issue we MUST address.

The emails and personal messages from women who have been treated the same as myself, and men who think the things being said about me are truly hateful, keep pouring in. You think I am alone, and you are clueless to the fact that I am not.

Attacking me only makes you look bad. You would be smart to keep signing everything "anonymous".

16 Comments:

  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey melissa & researchers good rainy afternoon omg realy a sasquatch mafia wow interesting indeed i think.... great new article. thanks bill green :)

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Hi Bill :) Im glad you enjoyed the article. Keep dry with all that rain out there!!

    Melissa

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey melissa your welcome for return reply back yes im definetly keeping very dry from the rain in ct. but its not just the bigfoot comminity thats argues about info etc but the ufo comminity as well. as example look at the new texas ufo cover up situation. thanks bill green :)

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    I just received a response from who I thought it was, that sent the response your all reading in this article.

    More of the same, hateful rude comments.

    I will say directly to that person. If you ever seriously thought about evaluating the situation from both sides - you would have contacted me personally. Not went on some emotionally driven rant. You already assume you know all you need to know (because you talked to someone else who already has a axe to grind) Great way to make a decision about something your not involved in.

    You get what you ask for. Don't blame me, blame yourself. Considering the things you have said that I have not posted, you are the last person to pass judgment on anyone about their actions or how they conduct themselves.

    Keep signing your posts anonymous.. I wouldn't want people to know who I was either if I were you.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey melissa great above reply regarding this situation your right. thanks again

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Melissa, I'm a big fan of your internet bigfoot talkshow and all the other bigfoot talk shows. You probably seen by name in the chat room, DonnieZ. I'm also a long time lurker on the BFF and other various BF forums. I just wanted to say that despite all of this, you still have a fan in me :).

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great blog, Mel. If there really is a bigfoot mafia, then all I have to say is:

    "Take the cast imprints. Leave the canoli."

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger davemack65 said…

    Hey Melissa,great reply.This community(Bigfooting)has a lot of people who think their theory is gospel when in fact no one person or group knows any more than another. If it was that easy we'd have already had answers to the mystery.It amazes me the bickering,backstabbing,almost bullying attitudes of some.Would funded biologists and scientists work like this? For research in something that has not been proven to be real it is not a friendly community.Keep your chin up and keep up the great work,davemack.

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Thank you Shjon and Kevin M.

    Kevin: Leaving the Canoli is good advice, thank you. lmao. I dont think the guy who wrote that response I reference in my blog got the joke though - LMAO.

    Shjon: I appreciate your kind words. I had no doubt in my mind, people would understand this situation if I told them everything - and only those who think I am talking to them would be upset.. That has been the case.

    While I am no longer associated with Lets Talk Bigfoot, If you tune into "The Sasquatch Experience" on Blog Talk starting March 16th (I believe) you will be hearing my take on issues in this field again.

    The Sasquatch Experience will be the first show to have both the Male and Female perspective on the issues surrounding this research. I hope you tune in, and if you do - say Hi :)

    Check back, I will be posting more information on the New Sasquatch Experience. :)

    Again, thank you both - and Keep Squatchin!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    davemack65:

    First of all, thank you for your comments.

    I can not think of one research organization (outside the field of bigfoot research) that would condone such tatics. Now if I were hoaxing reports or tampering with evidence, well that would be different and I would get what I deserved. But, those are not the charges being leveled against me.

    Personal issues are being used as a means to "get at" me.

    I would strongly recommend anyone considering joining any Organization or group of researchers ask many questions - to include "Do you have Ethical Standards of Conduct" If they do, and those ethical standards include what you do in your personal life - run as fast as you can. If they have no formed Ethical Standards, ask them why - Don't settle for the "Well, we judge each situation on a case by case basis". That only means - if they want to use it against you, they will.

    People be on notice, this is an issue that is not going away. NOT until researchers realize what "Ethics" and "Professionalism" truly is.

    Blackmail, posting obscene comments and discussing a researchers personal life, those things do not qualify as "Ethical Practices" and should not be condoned or allowed within any organization - or research community- PERIOD.

    Thank you davemack65. Just so you know, I count you amongst the "good guys".

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Regan Lee said…

    Hi Melissa,
    Sorry to hear you're experiecing this kind of crap, but good for you for being right out there with it and telling it what it can do with itself.

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Melissa, thanks for the reply. I fully understand your situation. I see this kind of stuff happen all the time in my job, the Army. Not a big surprise in a male dominated field. This is the reason why I don't cared what people do in their personal life. Your personal life is yours, not anyone else. I hope you stay strong and keep fighting.

    I will tune into the sasquatch experiences. I always do. I cant wait for what you have to say. Have a nice day! :)

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Melissa,

    Bigfoot Mafia? I would say that is an understatement. The Mafia would be jealous of the widespread reach of the ill will in this subject. As I stated before, I have had "contracts" put out on me by some people in this subject with very recognizable names. VERY recognizable...yet each time they open their vindictive mouths to libel or slander my DVD sales go through the roof. So, I say bring it on.

    Hold your ground, girl. The more you hold your ground the madder you'll make your opponents so hold it tight.

    And, as to your subject of women in research (something I find that really ticks the "mafia" off) I have a proposal for you to consider. Why not discuss with your peers and associates the possibility of a documentary film showing ONLY women in research? I will guarantee many strokes and heart attacks among the mostly male members of the "mafia" and its supporters. If you decide on doing something like this and cannot gather the tech or production resources I'll offer you a blank check (within reason) for both and produce the film with a BIG chunk of the proceeds going to any research effort you would like. What can I say...I love my work. But I warn you, there are a couple of well known female researchers out there that are deeply entrenched with the Mafioso, so don't be surprised if they refuse to work in association with me.

    I have recently reacted on several web boards to the ever increasing abundance of poor photographs offered as evidence of the Hairy One. I spent 30 years behind a camera, in my own lab and retouching analog photographs and I KNOW what film is capable of seeing. Yet these folks are determined that even where grass, leaves and smaller details are visible, areas where they have to draw in the details are to be considered valid representations of something lurking in the shadows. I don't buy it and never will. I have been banned in places (horrors!) for believing that.

    So, consider the suggestion of producing a documentary about women in research. I know a couple of researchers here that would love to do it and believe it would make an impact.

    In the mean time keep your head above water…the same water will eventually drown your opponents!

    And, I like Nickelback too!

    John Johnsen

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey john interesting above reply indeed. but melissa can handle herself just like all the researchers she is friends with. thanks bill :)

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Melissa-
    I normally avoid all chat rooms and their ilk for this very reason but I thought I'd drop you a line.
    I truly believe that the internet allows people to behave in ways that they normally would never do in person. I also believe that Bigfoot forums do not have the corner of the market on this childish behavior...ALL internet forums are rife with backstabbing and name calling. It's disturbing that adults feel the need to boost themselves up while tearing others down but that is the way things are.
    And there is nothing you can do about it other than let people make asses out of themselves on their own. More than likely they will find themselves on the other side of the fence someday...
    There is a great line from the movie "Fargo" which I use myself when the occasion calls: "These are the confines of your little world; not mine."
    I think that sums up your situation - that is their little world and they get to make up their little rules...leave them to it, play somewhere else, and don't give them the satisfaction of a reply (which only empowers their petty behavior).
    Best of luck and I'll miss you on the "Let's Talk Bigfoot" podcast.
    -Chris

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey chris yes i totaly agree with your great above reply to our friend melissa. thanks bill :)

     

Post a Comment