Blogbanner1

December 8, 2007

The GCBRO, and Monster Central - My View

Monster Central is a maze of gravel roads that slice through 1,500 acres of forested land. I am not sure how a recent television show titled "Legend Hunters" got that wrong, but they did.

It's hard to imagine passing through the gate from the main road, that this place even exists.

It does.

Once I parked and unloaded my vehicle, I began a guided tour of Monster Central during the day light hours with Scott.
The area is very dense in spots. This area has a fair amount of water sources for any animal that passes through or decides to stay a while. When you walk the property the Deer stands are obvious, and in good shape. So, I didn't have to be told this area is used for hunting, but that was later confirmed.

After roughly an hour of walking the property, Scott and I returned to camp and I was then introduced to members of the GCBRO.

The first person I met I will identify as Bob. Bob is the GCBRO's answer to Chris Buntenbagh. If you need something "techy" Bob is the man. I spoke with Bob only briefly at first, but I found him to be very friendly and his interest in the research genuine.

To be very honest, that was my take on all of those I met.

Bobby Hamilton.


Meeting Bobby Hamilton was a particular pleasure for me. I had heard this name a number of times during my 2 years in this field. When I first laid eyes on Mr. Hamilton, he was standing behind tables that had been set up with food laid out - You see, this weekend was not just a weekend to see Monster Central for the GCBRO members, would be new members or the curious like myself, but a Barbecue.



I love living in the South.

Here is some information many did not know about me. I am addicted to barbecue. Since moving to Texas I have been actively searching out all the Barbecue hot spots - and when I tell you
Sonny Bryan's has nothing on Bobby Hamilton's Barbecue - I am being most sincere. I was in pure heaven. Its my belief everyone should eat this good in the field.

When I first became involved in the world of Bigfoot Research,

I had read an article on Bobby Hamilton, and learned information I later discovered not many people know. Mr. Hamilton is not only a Bigfoot researcher and the man behind the GCBRO, but an ex-professional wrestler. After reading this article I brought this up with many people, and none seemed to know this about him, including some in the GCBRO who were, well stunned when Mr. Hamilton confirmed this.

I have always thought it important to not just know who a person is now, but to also know where they have come from. Life experiences make up the people we are today. I find Mr. Hamilton to be a very kind hearted and good man. He was very honest with me, and I really think he wanted me to base my opinion of the GCBRO less by my interaction with him, and more on the group as a whole.



Coming up is the final article. Where I will discuss what happened, what didnt happen and my night in the field at Monster Central.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Craig Woolheater said…

    Boy, a real BBQ addict would know that it is Sonny Bryan's, not Sonny Bryant's...

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey melissa thats a wonderful part 3 of your article about gcbro & monster central. A+++. thanks bill :)

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Though it is interesting at times to listen to all the so-called experts speak eloquently about what they know from the vantage point of their armchairs or laboratory stools, I find more fascination with those individuals who actually put the boots on the ground. Not necessarily the researchers, but those I would term as the "hunters." And, I'm not talking about the weekend warriors (of which, I am one) but those who are out in the bush full-time in areas known for sightings and other incidents. Jim Lansdale certainly fits this description. However, a few years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting someone else close to Lansdale, and a member of the few I would refer to as Lansdale's inner circle. I'm referring to the notorious EasTexSteve.

    I didn't first encounter him at a GCBRO event, but on a high-end guided hunting trip for which he was the guide. Although I consider myself an active hunter and fishermen in the Northeast Texas area, I learned a wealth of information from this guy - not about bigfoot - but about woodsmanship in general, and the local flora and fauna here. However, I didn't really know who he was, until I later encountered him in the company of Lansdale.

    His posted report of an encounter in 1992 literally gives me the shakes every time I read it. He was a lease warden on a huge local hunting lease for over 10 years that was ripe with unexplained events, and he evidently kept a journal. Although he seems to have abandoned the project, his website full of game cam pictures is still fascinating to me. He lives on his farm out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by huge timber leases. And, he was the one who found the blood trail and blood samples that were later submitted for DNA testing after the alleged GCBRO bigfoot shooting.

    Yeah, this is the guy I want to talk to about bigfoot over a steak dinner. He knows something. Although, he's not one of those people who advertises what he knows. I bet both he and Landsdale could give you enough to make your head explode. They are just fascinating people to talk to. I hope you got to have a few words with him as well.

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great job - I went to MC for the same reasons you did and was presently surprised by all I met there. Please post your final chapter on this - can't wait.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I meant "pleasantly surprised" cant type with kids jumping in bed.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Where is Monster Central Exactly?

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    Im sorry Joshua, but the exact location is confidential. I do hope you understand.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I`am glad you think well fo Bobby. He is one of the most honest ones out there.
    Richard Brown Wendigo Hunter in Maine. Tell Bobby I Said Hi! It is still active up here.

     

Post a Comment