Blogbanner1

February 24, 2012

Photo Update and Information.

This is just an article to update everyone on some important information – so PLEASE read the entire article.


First of all to those who are emailing me privately and sending messages of support and thanks for showing this photo I want to say – Thank you!! This decision was not an easy one. I will work hard in the next few days to respond to each one of you personally. I feel I owe you that much.



There is a very good side to this community. I wish I seen it more.



Now onto information that many people are asking about.



Let me say first, I am not the kind of person who understands, “technology”. 99.9% of the time when conversations start over equipment, and their operation, I shut down and am not even listening. Just ask Wayne he is the tech guy in this household.
We all have things we are good at and things we are not so good at.



After I posted this photo on my blog, I didn’t expect to hear from this witness ever again. Then last night he did in fact email me. While I am not going to get into the bulk of the conversation I will disclose this, because I think it’s important.



He apologized for any confusion and told me this was not the typical game cam set up we are all accustomed to. He said this was a 35mm camera with zoom. He is not sure how the miscommunication happened, but I think he wanted to clarify this piece of information. He said this was a multiple camera set up designed specifically to photograph this alleged animal.



Most likely the miscommunication was on my part due to a lack of understanding when it comes to some of the technical equipment we use in the field. I remember early conversations after the photo was initially analyzed and I was told something about 35mm film. Which, of course, didn't mean much to me. I told this to Wayne and he thought I was confused and this must have been a game cam. So, there was much confusion on this point, stretching back 4 years.



He did not tell me I could or couldn't post this information. I think he emailed me with the information so there could be some clarification. So, I am giving you all this information.



Hopefully, when he contacts me again (as he said he would) we can discuss more. I have no reason to doubt that he will.



But, I will not disclose anything he does not want discussed in public. All I can do is hope everyone understands.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger MikeNitro said…

    That photo looks very genuine to me. I'm no scientist by any stretch, so my opinion amounts to not very much but I feel like I'm looking at the real thing here. When I see supposed Bigfoot pics or videos I'm always looking through the fur or hair at the structure of the subject. That's where you separate the real from the fakes in my opinion. What I see here is a very massive torso. It reminds me of the Paterson/Gimlin BF.

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Shawn said…

    awesome melissa. thanks!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing love it, Randell

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Pat McWhorter said…

    Thanks for the update Melissa

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger rael said…

    First, I am not a researcher of Bigfoot but I am versed on taking photos. I was in the business a while back. The only question I have is why was the picture taken? By that I mean, was the Bigfoot known by the owner to be in that one area? Trail cams are normally set up in an open area, with a wide field of view to catch a complete photo of a subject . I understand the owner has cropped the photo to not reveal the location, but it does seem set very close to the vegetation in the background of the animal. This would lead me to believe, due to the small area that the subject needed to be in, that this is a setup. A hoax. To have Bigfoot so close to the cam, in such a limited space, is just to convenient for me.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope the whitness will continue to read the post and comments here, and the many other sites devoted to the scientific discovery of this animal. By releasing the rest of your photos, you could end the debate of weather this is a real animal or just a myth or fairytale. Your photos could the most important photographic proof since the Patterson & Gimlin film. Just put the photos out there and let people believe what they want believe. You don't have to take a stand either way.

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Guion Lawes said…

    I think after looking at the analysis i've seen it looks VERY good and promising! If it's a costume it's a damn good one!

    Keep up the good work!!!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Jeffrey A. Teagle said…

    Greetings,

    I cannot state for certain that the photo is not real. I have seen bigfoot with this type of body hair coverage (sparse). I have also seen bigfoot with traits of male pattern baldness which is not limited to the head area in many cases. I also see well defined muscle tone of the specimen within the photo.
    Who knows? It may be something legit. There will always be naysayers but the truth of the matter is is that no one knows for certain and the last time I checked; there are no bigfoot experts no matter what academia credentials you hold.

    Jeffrey Teagle
    The Chattahoochee Bigfoot Independent™
    www.chattahoocheebigfoot.com

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to See Jeff T back at it! :)

    Melissa I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

    When you first posted this photo did you have permission from the witness?

    Why was he upset with you when he recontacted you?

    Do you think that someone from the Kozak Team in some way is behind this? Either as a hoax or publicity stunt?



    Do you now or have you in the past had any business dealings with Karl Kozak?

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    No, until Mr. Kozak gave his opinion (or the person claiming to be Mr. Kozak) I did not know who he is/was. All I know now is he is a director. I still have no "dealings" with him now. I am a paralegal I have never worked in the film industry. I can't sew, so I doubt he would hire me.. LOL.

    I don't know if Karl Kozak or his team is behind this.

    As I have said before. Any agreements between myself and this witness are going to stay between myself and this witness. I have no information yet that says this witness is a hoaxer or a legitimate witness.

    This witnesses concern is for his privacy. I will not do or say anything that jeopardizes that. I know a few have their panties in a bunch over that - but that is not my problem. :)

    This witnesses main concern was that I would out him publicly - I'm not sure why he thought that, BUT after the photo was released he thanked me for not giving the world his name and is still working with me. If I had done anything wrong - do you think he would have said, "I will be in touch, as promised" ??

    I don't think so.

    A few are making a big deal out of issues that have nothing to do with this photo. A few are also making judgment calls - when they were not involved in any of the exchanges between this witness and myself. These few people have no clue what this witness wants or does not want.

    Wayne, myself and this witness are the only people who can speak to that.

    Also, I keep saying a "few" people - because this is a few people, who have an agenda other than getting to the bottom of this. I simply do not have time for people like this. These few are doing their level best to make this "personal" and not "professional". I will give them no more time. Heck, why should I when everything they have said so far is wrong.

    Melissa Hovey :)

     

Post a Comment