Blogbanner1

June 11, 2006

Thoughts.....




A question posed to me by someone, made me think. The question was simply "When are you going to post an interview on yourself?"

My initial reaction you ask?

Laughter..

I dont think of myself as someone with really much to say yet. I simply type on forums, go on outings with a group I am involved in - I really do not have much to talk about. I see my opinion pieces and articles as a look into bigfoot research through the eyes of a new person.

Ohhhh dont get me wrong,

I have some very funny stories about some field experiences, but to date, I have not found a bigfoot track, heard a vocal or had that sighting so many would love to have - but, I do have wonderful memories.

Take for instance,


My second outing.. Ohh I was excited. You all need to understand something first - I am a city girl.. I am not embarassed to admit that. And, to make things worse I just moved to Dallas, Texas, finding my way to work and home daily is a big deal, lmao.

I was ready for this outing for a week. I was so excited !! The morning I was to meet up with other members at a house a couple hours outside of Dallas, I left at 4 a.m, I had the feeling I would get lost in the maze, that is the highway system of Dallas Texas.. Sure enough - I did. LMAO. But, I quickly found my way and was headed in the right direction.

First lesson learned -- Watch road signs carefully.. :)


When I arrived at the area we would be researching, and I saw this area for the first time - I knew, I had NEVER seen anything like this before. I doubted myself, and whether I could "hang" with the guys. I knew instantly, being a street smart city girl - was not going to help me, and I would have to pay very close attention to those around me.

Second Lesson: Pick a group of people you have confidence in,


If you have little to no experience in the woods - picking a group of people you trust is KEY to whether or not your time in the field is successful and enjoyable- or a nightmare you can only imagine. While I was sure I had just walked into what can only be described as "Hell on Earth", I was positive these people I was with, knew what they were doing, and as long as I paid attention, I would be just fine.

Third Lesson: Not only are you going out in an attempt to document an unknown animal, the process should be fun.


Although I fell in a sink hole (up to my knee and hurt my ankle) got sick the second night, was freezing during night ops, sweating my backside off during the day, and was worried about bears, snakes, all the animals I know about, I really did have a great time, and made many new friends. I wont lie and tell you this outing was the easiest thing I ever did - because it was not. I judge success by whether or not I would do something again - this was an easy question for me to answer. This was one of the most challenging experiences of my life, and I wanted more.

Complaining gets you nowhere, and no one wants to hear it,

Yes, I will be the first to admit - I was, at times, uncomfortable, but did I complain? Thats really what you all want to know -- LMAO... Nope, not once. No one cares, and you only ruin it for everyone else by complaining - they are probably just as cold, wet, hungry or tired as you are. Learn from what makes you uncomfortable. I now know what things I should have, to make my next outing much easier for me. I found out that many of the things that made me uncomfortable were things other more experienced members have had to deal with themselves when they were new - and some still look for solutions to the same issues I was dealing with. So, you buy more gear - warmer clothes etc... No big deal - Learn from the entire experience if you want to stay in this field of research, ask questions, you might be surprised to find out, that someone else in your group had the same problem and can recommend a good item to pick up.

What you get out of your field work is totally up to you,

No one can force you to have fun, or learn.

I look at everything I do in this, as a learning experience.. Actually I take life as a series of learning experiences. I take something from everything I am involved in -- and I learn from it. This outing really taught me a lot about myself. While I thought I was in over my head for sure. What I discovered is, I handled it much better than I thought I would. I was very proud of how I dealt with different situations, and I proved to myself - I can do this.

I have much to learn, do not misunderstand me, but after this experience I realized I not only got through it, I loved every second of it. And no one is more surprised by that - than me. LOL.

So, that leads me back to the reason for writing this article,

Will I give an interview on this blog, about my own experiences etc..

Have patience, keep looking, and maybe, just maybe, like bigfoot - my "story" will pop up, and surprise you !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment